1Reiki (pronounced ray-key) is a powerful, yet subtle and gentle form of energy healing.
The Japanese term is made up of Rei, meaning “Divine Intelligence”, and Ki, “Life Force Energy”,
and can be translated as “Divinely guided healing energy of the Universe.”
Reiki is essentially a method of concentrating this energy so that we can more directly
and effectively experience its benefits.
We all have the capacity to support our own healing. Reiki promotes healing on the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual levels by working with the body’s natural inclination to heal. It can help us to release energy blockages as well as emotional patterns that no longer serve us.
- 7Increase energy and sense of well‑being
- Encourage restful sleep
- Relieve of aches and pains
- Stimulate the immune system
- Aid transition through intense emotional stress
- Cope with major physical illness
- Accelerate post-operative healing
- Enhance your preventative health care regimen
- Gain clarity and momentum to reach personal goals
- Develop greater spiritual awareness
Reiki sessions begin with a discussion of the process and
the current issues and goals for treatment. Lying on a massage
table or it may be done in a seated position;
treatment is given with hands on or slightly above the body.
Reiki energy may be focused upon the Chakras with an intention
to remove energy blockages and produce balancing, relaxation
Everyone’s healing process is unique. How one experiences a Reiki treatment can vary. Some people may not feel anything distinct; others may feel sensations of heat, coolness, or tingling. Some may experience an intense emotional release, while others may feel a deep sense of relaxation or even fall asleep.
Reiki is not a substitute for medical or psychological treatment.
- Just for today, do not worry.
- Just for today, do not anger.
- Honor your parents, teachers, and elders.
- Earn your living honestly.
- Show gratitude for every living thing.